Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend in Pictures

This weekend was filled with lots of fun and good eats!! I love good, healthy food.I did really good on lowering my carbs and sugar and am feeling a bit leaner. Yay.

Friday morning, I started with my beloved bowl of oatmeal and coffee.
It's filled with natural peanut butter, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, flax seed, Mila (ground chia seeds), and MRM protein powder. Topped it off with fresh berries and it was amazing. I seriously love oatmeal.

 After my workout, I came home for a protein shake. I used vanilla protein powder, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 a frozen banana and 1/4c. frozen berries. It was the perfect ending to an intense workout.

I was super hungry so I made my lunch pretty quick after that. Earlier this week, I made Jamie Eason's monster meatloaf. However, while making it I thought there was no way it needed the added chicken broth so I omitted it. BIG MISTAKE. 99/1 lean ground turkey has no fat, so the meatloaf ended up being super dry. Matt had to drown his in reduced sugar ketchup to choke it down. A couple of nights this week after the gym, I sauteed veggies and then crumbled the meatloaf and mixed it with the veggies, 1/2 oz of goat cheese and some tobasco. SO DELICIOUS. My favorite combination was mushrooms, asparagus, onion, and kale. Matt LOVED it. He had never had goat cheese, but I have officially converted him to my favorite cheese :).
Friday I had mushrooms, asparagus, and spinach mixed with the meatloaf and goat cheese. Super tasty.

I also got to go see and hold Justin again. So adorable and tiny

Saturday, Matt and I went to breakfast before our Costco trip. I had an egg white veggie omelet with avocado and salsa, with whole wheat toast and a side of fruit. Yum.



His plate was not clean eating approved, but I let him slide.
He was pretty excited to have something other than egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast. LOL

For St. Patrick's Day, I made a version of Skinny Taste's Corned Beef and Cabbage in the crockpot. It had parsnips, carrots, onions, potatoes and parsley.
The picture I took of it finished came out blurry and I didn't realize it until everyone had already devoured it. It was really good and as clean as possible. I trimmed ALL of the fat off of it.

We ended up going to the bar down the street. I literally had nothing green because all I ever wear is black (old habit to hide the weight). I went with Matt's brother's fiance Kim to the mall and she helped me pick out an outfit. She has really great style and picked out a super cute and cheap outfit from Forever 21.
Kim and I


Group picture with Matt, Matt's brother Joe and fiance Kim


Me and my man


On Sunday, my eats looked like this:


Clean Eating egg salad for a snack with rice cakes
Clean Eating Chicken Buffalo Dip with rice cakes


and a healthy chicken salad for dinner.
 Marley laid around all day asleep with the ball in his mouth. It's really a tough life for this dog, huh?



Let me know if anyone wants any recipes you see. Everything was super tasty.
 Did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a clean version of corned beef and cabbage?





1 comment:

  1. I love goat cheese!!! Haven't had much of it since starting LiveFit but oh man I can't wait to have it back in my life :)

    ReplyDelete