Saturday, March 10, 2012

Veggie Pasta

How about some of this deliciousness?



I have been craving tons of veggies today. Maybe it's because Matt forced me to have a cheat meal with him last night. Okay, maybe not forced, but when I said "Ehh, maybe I'll skip the pizza cheat meal tonight" I thought he was going to cry. He's been looking forward to pizza all week and apparently me not eating pizza meant that he couldn't have it either. I couldn't let my man walk down the cheat meal road by himself...so we had pizza. And a bottle of wine. Of course, afterwards I felt like crap and complained that it's never worth it to eat a cheat meal for me. I would rather have a glass of wine as a "cheat" and still eat clean. I just feel like it undoes all of the hard work from the week. What's the point?! I'm going to stick to my guns next week and not have the cheat meal. It doesn't bring me closer to my goals..it only pushes me further away.

So I came home today after running errands with the Marley Bear and made this delicious veggie pasta dish. Every time I took a bite, I kept saying "Yummmm". I love the taste of fresh vegetables, and the goat cheese melted and created a delicious, creamy sauce. I tried out these new noodles from Sprouts
They were really good. I think I like them more than whole wheat and will definitely be back to purchase more.



Veggie Pasta
1 HUGE serving

3/4 c. brown rice pasta
1/4 white onion, chopped (I would have preferred red, but this was all I had)
4 asparagus spears, chopped
2 small tomatoes
3 kale leaves
4 small bell peppers (the tiny ones that come in a bag)
4 large mushrooms, sliced
2 sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
2 basil leaves, julienned
1 oz goat cheese

1. Start your pasta water. While the water is boiling, start chopping your veggies. Cook your pasta according to the package directions. Drain, and set aside.
2. Preheat a saute pan on the stove. Spray with your misto spray (olive oil spray...or use 1 tsp. of olive oil) and saute your onions until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables except for sun-dried tomatoes and cook until vegetables are crisp tender. I cooked mine for about 6 minutes, but I hate mushy vegetables and like them to still have a bite.
3. Mix with your pasta, and then plate. Top with julienned sun-dried tomatoes, basil and crumbled goat cheese.

Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks quite delicious. I tried baby kale last weekend for the first time in a white bean soup and it came our delicious!! I have wheat pasta so I hope the rice pasta is better, I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete