Monday, March 12, 2012

Sunday Prep

Normally on Sundays, I prep foods for us to eat the following week. It only takes about 2 hours to get everything done and then we're prepared for the week. I always focus on bulk cooking a lean protein and a complex carb to have ready to go in the fridge. I also try to make a double batch of protein bars. Having things ready to go in the fridge keeps us on track because when we're hungry we reach for things already made in the fridge instead of junk. One of my favorite quotes: "Fail to plan and you plan to fail".

Yesterday's Prep:







Lean protein: 8 chicken breasts. I threw them in the crockpot on low for 8 hours with a little bit of water at the bottom of the pot. When they were done I shredded them with two forks, put it in tupperware and stored in the fridge. We measure out portions and throw on salads and in wraps.

For our complex carb, I roasted 4 sweet potatoes in the oven. I pricked them with a fork and then threw them on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven and cooked until I could easily pierce it with a fork.

Matt likes rice, so I also cooked up a quadruple batch of brown rice.

For snacks, I made a double batch of Jamie Eason's protein bars. So delicious. Recipe here

Veggies that I have ready to go in the fridge are spinach, asparagus, mushrooms, and zucchini.

Now we're all set for the week. Prepping doesn't have to be hard or time consuming. As long as you cook up the basics, it's quick to add to them to make healthy and clean meals and snacks.

1 comment: