Saturday, March 31, 2012

Recipe: 3 Bean Salad

I'm invited to a potluck this afternoon and wanted to make sure there would be something there that Matt and I could eat and not feel guilty about. This was the perfect recipe. The host will be grilling chicken and tri-tip, so I decided on this 3 bean salad, and I also packed a salad to bring.

Potlucks are tricky. I always try and bring things that I can enjoy, that way I know that there will be at least one thing I can eat. Usually, people all make things that are easy and convenient and that usually equates to pasta salads, potato salads and other fattening and un-clean food.

This 3 bean salad is full of flavor, fiber and protein and a perfect clean addition to any potluck. Hope you enjoy it.


3 Bean Salad
Courtesy of the Tone It Up Girls 


Ingredients:

1 15-oz cannellinis beans, rinsed and drained
1 15-oz kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 celery stalks, chopped fine
1/2 red onion, chopped fine
1 cup fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 Tbsp fresh finely chopped rosemary
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive   
Salt & Pepper to taste
Stevia artificial sweetener to taste (I used about 1/8c.)

Preparation:
  • In a large bowl, combine beans, celery, onion, parsley and rosemary.
  • In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sweetener, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans. Toss to coat.
  • Chill beans in the refrigerator for several hours, to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment