Friday, March 30, 2012

New Hair

I woke up early with Matt today and headed off to the gym to get in an hour of cardio before my hair appointment. For breakfast, I had oatmeal with egg whites mixed in that made me gag. Barf-ola. I'm trying to lean more towards whole foods and not relying on my protein powder unless it's an emergency. I made the oatmeal in the microwave instead of stove top, making sure to stir every 20-30 seconds but the eggs still curdled. I choked it down forgetting to take a picture because I was starving and in a hurry. Bad blogger!

At the gym, I was an animal!! I had rockin' music and so much energy. I did 20 minutes on the stair master, 25 minutes on the pre-core elliptical and 15 minutes of running. In the locker room, I checked my heart rate monitor


 HELL YES!! I was so sweaty after this workout. I showered real quick and ran off to my hair appointment. Before I left the gym I stopped at the juice bar and had this conversation with the girl behind the counter.

Me: "Do you guys have unsweetened almond milk?"
Girl: "No"
Me: "Do you have anything with no sugar?"
Girl: "We have fat free milk"
Me: "That actually has tons of sugar in it" (12g)
Girl: "Oh"
Me: "If I told you I brought my own almond milk, would you use it in a protein shake?"
Girl: (confused) "Uhhh...did you?"
Me: "Yeah (pulling a mason jar of vanilla unsweetened milk out of my gym bag)"

I left the gym with this

She said technically they weren't supposed to but when I told her I was really trying to watch my sugar intake she let me use my own milk. What the heck kind of juice bar only has juice and non fat milk as smoothie bases. FULL OF SUGAR! Sheesh.

Then I met my friend Stephanie and she colored and cut my hair. I went from gross faded brown to a beautiful dark, dark brown. I LOVE IT. We went to lunch after and I had fajitas (no tortilla, beans, rice) and we caught up over a couple of beers. It was beautiful out today so it was perfect sitting out on the patio having drinks. I had really debated whether or not I wanted to drink when we went to lunch, but I ended up deciding to. I haven't seen this friend or hung out with her in about two years, so drinks seemed like the proper way to catch up. ;)
  
Now, Marley and I are cuddling on the couch waiting for Matt to get home. I've made a big salad to bring to our BBQ tonight to have with our turkey burgers at our friend's house. When we get there, I'll top it with avocado. Yum, Yum.

 Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday! Recipe tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment