Friday, March 2, 2012

Justin and Clean Eating Costco Shopping Haul

The most important news from today? I'm an Aunt again! This makes nephew #6 and I couldn't be more excited. Justin was born Friday, March 2nd, weighed in at 6lbs 10 oz and is absolutely perfect.



 Thursday night, Matt came home and it was time to celebrate. We went out for dinner and drinks at Yardhouse and met our neighbors and my best friend for some celebrating. For dinner, we ordered the lettuce wraps for an appetizer and for dinner I had a veggie sandwich on a whole wheat bun with a side of steamed vegetables. My drink of choice was vodka with club soda and lots of lime. I somehow have no pictures from this night.

 Friday, Matt and I woke up pretty late and decided to go to breakfast and make a shopping run to Costco. We went to a restaurant that we normally love for breakfast, but because we woke up so late we missed breakfast! Bummer! We ended up going to another breakfast place down the street which was equally delicious. I ordered the vegetable omelet (no oil) with egg whites, a side of fruit and whole wheat bread. I didn't touch my bread because I forgot to ask for no butter, but the rest was delicious!


 Isn't he handsome? I'm a lucky girl :) (He ordered the Spanish Omelet with fresh fruit on the side)

After breakfast, we went to Costco and Trader Joe's. This is typically what we get from both stores when we go shopping every two weeks.

Costco: Two tubs of 2% cottage cheese, 2 tubs of Fage 0% Plain Greek yogurt, two packages of fosters farm chicken, granny smith apples, cuties, asparagus, a bag of baby bell peppers, huge bag of spinach, ground flax seed, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, mushrooms, and a new to us ice cream bar called Artic Zero Ice Cream Bars. Each bar is only 85 calories and they're made with whey protein and come in chocolate and vanilla. I'll do a product review when I taste them.


Trader Joe's haul: Two bottles of our new favorite hot sauce, two packages of Ezekeil Tortillas, two jars of organic, crunchy, unsalted peanut butter, fat free feta cheese and a new chocolate bar that jumped into the cart at checkout!
Umm...yes please. We typically don't eat any sweets or ice cream but somehow bought alot of them today. I think they'll be nice to have around for when we need something a little sweet and they will last us a long time.

Have a busy weekend ahead, but I'm going to try to post some new recipes and show you what our bulk cooking looks like. Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment