Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Good Team

Matt and I's morning routine is usually the same everyday when we come downstairs after getting ready. I make all of our meals to pack for lunches that day while he makes coffee, feeds the Marley Bear and makes our oatmeal.

This week we have been on an oatmeal kick. We mix in our MRM Vanilla protein powder, ground flaxseed, 2T of all natural peanut butter, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, fruit and cacao nibs.




If you've never had raw cacao nibs, they're great. I love the crunch they add to my oatmeal and they have tons of great health benefits too. They have more antioxidant flavonoids than any food, including blueberries, red wine and green tea. They are an incredibly rich source of magnesium and other essential minerals like calcium, zinc, iron, copper, sulfur and potassium.


I bought mine in the bulk section of Sprouts to try them out, but now we're hooked so I'll be back to purchase more.

Yesterday was a bad day for me. BAD. I was still tired from the weekend and I had a migraine all day. I left work early to take my Economics midterm at the local Junior College and I did NOT feel good about how I did. I'm 100% positive that I did not do good on that test. The questions were tricky and confusing and were not like the study questions I was told to use to prepare for the test. I usually am a really good student (read: total nerd) so not feeling good about the test really bummed me out. Naturally, after my midterm I went home and pouted on the couch with Marley. He's a good snuggle buddy when you need him. :) When Matt got home, I tried to talk him into In and Out burgers and skipping the gym. Yeah, you read that right... a freaking In and Out burger! (The random craving of an In and Out burger came from watching "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". Not a good idea to watch when you're hungry). He was so confused because I usually never want to cheat like that. I'm usually always the one pushing to get to the gym and to stay on track with eating. Also, we usually plan our cheat meals in advance so we have something to look forward to and so that we don't get off track during the week. Matt hauled me off to the gym anyways where we completed our chest workout and I pushed through cardio. Afterwards, of course I was glad that I had gone. It's hard to get back into the groove of your workouts after you've gone away for the weekend. It was nice to have Matt be the one to keep me on track during a moment of weakness... We make a good team :).

Our workout from yesterday (I did not increase any of my weight from last week... I usually always try to increase my weight, but because I didn't I added more reps than the trainer required.):

Barbell Bench Press:
4X15, 45lbs

Reverse tricep bench press:
4X15, 45 lbs

Superset:
Dumbbell flyes:
4X8, 17.5 lbs

Barbell bench press:
4X15, 17.5 lbs

Superset:
Incline dumbbell press:
4X8, 20 lbs

Bench dips:
4X8, body weight

End supersets

Cable crossovers:
4X12, 30 lbs

Question: Do you have a workout partner or significant other that helps keep you on track during a moment of weakness?

No comments:

Post a Comment